joi, 13 ianuarie 2022

Funeralientaion - Part 1: Majority Decides


 

I always loved long drives. It feels like time is standing still. There is nothing to do, nowhere to go. You fall asleep in one place, wake up in another. Kinda like floating. 

- Why am I so hot? (Asked  Mircea)

- You are overdressed. Take off some of those layers of clothes! ( Answered Valentina)

- It wouldn´t make any difference. Uuuufff ... I am all sweaty. 

- You are an idiot. ( Replied Valentina while solving a Sudoku)

- Can we stop for a moment? I need some fresh air. ( Insisted Mircea)

- Just open the window, man. We´re not going to stop for that. Take off your freakin´jacket! 

- Stop ordering me around! You are not my mother. I said I am hot. 

 "Continuing from this point would be nothing but a waste of words." (Concluded Valentina while looking out the window.)

- Pfffffff, can we please stop? I can´t take it anymore.

"I wonder ... Isn´t suicide something that we´ve all thought about at least once in a lifetime?" (Thought Simona while driving.)

"Everybody seems to be so repelled by this concept, but I always thought one can´t be an intelligent person without pondering the idea of suicide at least once. After all, It is an option which can´t be overlooked. One that gives you some kind of control over the unpredictability of death."

- Does anybody hear me? I am boiling hot! Can we please stop?! ( Said Mircea all clothed in his wool jacket. )

" In the end ... isn´t unpredictability the scariest thing about death? Any denial of the viability of this option is either hypocritical or dumb."

- Simona! ( Screamed Mircea from the bottom of his lungs.) Stop the car right now!

- Wha What?! Why?

- How many times do I have to say?! I AM HOT AND I NEED SOME FRESH AIR!!

- Why don´t you take off that woolen jacket, dude?

- Why is everyone busting my balls with this? I don´t want to take off my jacket. It´s comfortable. I want to stay cozy and have some fresh air. Is that a crime?

- Mircea, have you ever thought about suicide? ( Asked Simona)

- Now where did that came from? No. 

- No? Really? Not even once? ( Simona continued)

- No!

- What about you, Valentina.

- Not since I was a teenager. Why? 

- Just wondering. 

- Do you want to kill yourself or what? ( Asked Mircea showing off his concern.)

- No. I am just wondering if people think about it. 

- See? Now I am worried. Are you ok?

- Why does everybody get instantly outraged when it comes to this subject? Why do I have to be "not ok" for something like this to cross my mind. I don´t have to be pregnant to wonder about abortion or anything. 

- Yeah, but, you know ...

- Yeah, I know! It just needs to be asked. It´s standard procedure. 

- I guess. Now can we stop for 5 minutes? 

Valentina took her eyes of her Sudoku and asked calmly:

- What about murder? Had anyone ever thought about murder? I know I am thinking about it for the last 10 minutes.  If you keep buzzing me, I´ll land my fist straight in your face. Take off your freakin´jacket!!

- Simona, please stop the car. I am boiling and can´t breathe. 

Valentina turned to Simona and said calmly:

- Please pull over. Mircea needs to get out right now. 

Simona pulled over and Mircea got out immediately. 

- Finally! Oh my God! (Said Mircea getting out of the car and breathing deeply)

As soon as he was out, the girls stepped on the acceleration and left without hesitation. 

- Hey! Heeeeeey! Where are you going? Heeeeey! 

Screamed Mircea, but had nobody to scream at. He was all alone by the side of the road. 

- Shit!! I´ll show you where my fist is going to land! Damn you, witches!!! 

(Mircea checked the time)

"45 minutes until my cousin´s funeral. What the fuck am I going to do?"

 

What the fuck is Mircea going to do?

 

                                                        - To Be Continued  here - 

Niciun comentariu:

Trimiteți un comentariu